General Studies II
- President approves bill allowing Kambala in Karnataka
- The bill exempts Kambala and Bullock cart racing from the Ambit of PCA,1960.
- Non competitive Buffalo pair race in paddy fields conducted as thanks giving to gods for protecting animals from diseases (coastal Karnataka)
- Over the years it has become an organised sport.
- World Congress on Information Technology, 2018 (Hyderabad)
- Organised by World Information Technology and services Alliance (WITSA)
- It brings together all high level officials from different countries, heads of different MNC S, NGOs etc
- Discuses about legal, political and economic trends affecting IT business processes.
- Consoritum of associations from IT industries around globe
- Participates in advocacy of public policy that affects global information infrastructure
- It voices it’s concerns in WTO, OECD, G8 etc
General Studies III
1.Bank Boards Bureau stares at uncertain future
- Members of BBB, at their tenure end by March 31,2018 where government is yet to communicate it’s failure.
- Setup under Indradhanual Program (in April 2016)
- It has representatives from Government and RBI and Independent bankers.
- It is conceived by PJ Nayak committee, that government should distance itself from PSB’S top brass appointments.
- BBB was involved in only shortlisting and interviewing . Finallly appointed by government.
- Instances of delay of appointment by Government after BBB recommendations.
- India reduces under5 years age mortality rate by 66% (1995 –2016)
- SDG target of U5 mortality rate is less than 25 /1000 live births by 2030.
- This was highlighted in UNICEF’s report ‘Every Child Alive’
- India TB Summit (March 13 – 16)
- TB free India by 2025. ( 5 years ahead of global TB elimination target by 2030)
- National Strategic plan for TB elimination (2017-2025)
- It is designed inline with WHO’s ‘End TB Strategy’
- Effectively address people seeking care in private sector, including provision of free medicines.
- Augmentation of availability of rapid molecular tests
- Nutritional support in DBT mode – ₹500/month
- An Indian TB control Foundation
WHO End TB strategy
- Adopted in world Health assembly in 2014.
- Calls governments to adapt and strategize with high level commitment
- Focus in populations with high vulnerability to Infections and poor health access, like migrants.
- Engage partners within health sector and beyond such as social population, labour, immigration and justice